This month has been packed full of pet portraits. In a past post, I mentioned these portraits and apparently the Christmas season has led to my little side business taking off! I am very grateful, but it means my life has been on hold while I complete all these orders! Work, ride my horse, draw, sleep, repeat.
Anyway, the beginning of January may bring some exciting posts, but I will not say more until it is a sure thing! Until then, I thought I would try participating in Viva Carlos’ 10 questions.
1. What size horse do you prefer to ride? Smaller horses are certainly my preference, almost honys actually. I have short legs for my height and I prefer the smaller guys! It’s funny, as my own horse is a big barreled 17hh horse! My favourite ride in IHSA was a guy that was probably only 14.3hh. Perfect!
2. Do you school in tall boots or half chaps and paddock boots? Tall boots always. I can’t stand the feeling of half chaps.
3. What do you do with your ribbons after shows? They used to get shoved in a box, but I recently had pillows and a ribbon quilt made of some recent ribbons for my office/drawing studio. I love displaying them for a change!
4. Do you ride/board at a large show barn or a small private barn? It a very small private farm and my trainer, of many years, comes to give me lessons.
5. Have you ever seen a horse give birth? Nope!
6. What is your favorite breed? I have no particular preference, for me, it is about the individual horse. I seem to have a fondness for crosses. I do like Apiro and as I had my mare approved with RPSI, I would breed to him, so I suppose I like Bavarian WBs (Apiro).
7. Favorite tack brand? Arc de Triumphe. I have an lovely custom saddle by them!
8. Would you ever buy used tack? Yes, most of my tack is used. It is a great way to get beautiful tack at a great price. I would by high quality used over new lower quality tack every time.
9. Ever been on a carriage ride? Too many times to count! I used to work for a driving company, so basically every time I went to work!
10.How often do you go to the tack store? A couple times a month and most often I am dropping in to purchase supplements.